Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Post TD comedown

It's been a long while since I've blogged, but having just finished The London-Edinburgh-London Audax I thought it was time to dust off the old blogspot.

So, turn back the clock a year or so and I'd just finished the Tour Divide, had a thousand photos and crazy stories to tell and.....nothing. I tried typing up my ideas but had trouble motivating myself and after a couple of crashes where all the content was erased I gave up.

The TD  was simply fantastic, nothing to worry about apart from getting on my bike and riding as far as I could each day and therein lies the rub....arriving back in Suffolk to traipse the same old trails when you've been riding a fresh century each day is a bit of a comedown.

Still. there was the Winter XC Series to look forwards too, right? Really, 4 hours of lapping the same 5 miles of forest. No thanks.

So, how do I get motivated to do some longer rides, see new places and reignite that spark? Turn to skinnier tyres!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment